During these challenging times, the safety and well-being of our guests and staff remains our top priority. For a safe experience in our resort, we are constantly monitoring the WHO’s, the Greek authorities and the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDR) of statements regarding Covid-19, as well as complying with all health regulations and applying all the necessary measures to ensure our visitors’ welfare.
In compliance with the Health Protocols, set by our Government, we are implementing the following processes:
Health & Safety
- We have created an action plan that includes all the preventative measures we are taking, and according to which, Managers, Supervisors and all Staff have already been trained, by our Health & Safety Consultants
- Furthermore, we have produced a plan in order to be able to efficiently deal with suspected positive cases and we are partnering with local doctors and medical staff, specialized in handling and treating possible cases. A medical kit is also available at the reception of the hotel.
- We are creating new hospitality cleanliness standards with the aim of preventing a possible spread of the virus and maximizing safety for our people. A Manual for employees, has been prepared, which explains step by step all the General Hygiene Measures the staff needs to apply as well as the Operation of each Department
- All surfaces in guest rooms and common areas will be frequently and thoroughly cleaned with hospital-grade disinfectants, while all public spaces will be naturally ventilated at all times. Unnecessary items will be removed from the rooms and the common spaces to avoid cross contamination.
- We are making sure that our Housekeeping staff are wearing PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and are cleaning and disinfecting each room according to the guidelines of EODY. To avoid overexposure of the guests to the cleaning staff and the other way around, housekeeping services will not be performed on a daily basis, but only on demand.
- We adhere to the basic measures to avoid the transmission of Covid-19 in all our communal areas. Our hotel employees have been trained to operate according to the official health guidelines and we provide them with the necessary PPE at all times. With the use of special signage, it is made sure that the required distance of 2 meters is always kept and furniture will be rearranged to provide more space for distancing, while hand-sanitizers will be available in any public area.
- We are changing our usual check-in and check-out procedures by extending the time a room stays empty between two subsequent occupancies. The new check-out time will be at 11.00 while you will be able to check-in anytime after 15.00. This is done, in order to ensure the proper cleanliness the natural ventilation and disinfection of each room, as well as to avoid queues and overcrowding in the reception area.
- At Avra Beach Resort, all our food and beverage handlers are trained on safe food practices. Our buffets will be offered with a coordinator on the spot, food and beverages will be served to our guests from our staff.
- We are also extending if needed the hours of operation of our restaurant and bar, in order to guarantee social distancing, proper disinfection of the seating area before any new guests arrive and avoid overcrowding.
- All our indoor & outdoor communal areas, such as lobbies, main bar, pool bar, gelateria, main restaurant, Italian restaurant, Greek taverna are being disinfected and thoroughly cleaned, frequently and always according to the health guidelines set by the government.
- The same rules apply to our outdoor swimming pool area. Sunbeds and tables will be rearranged to secure distancing and will be disinfected after every use, while proper chlorination of the water is being ensured at all times.
Your Avra Beach Resort